Ait Bouguemez, an Unspoiled Shangri-La
2 Day tour to the Valley of Happiness Ait Bougmez. Meet the locals and experience the lifestyle of Berbers.
About Ait Bougmez
Travelers looking for a destination that’s actually off the crushed track can realize Ait Bougmez Valley in Morocco to be the perfect alternative. Located in the central High Atlas Mountains, around 200 kilometers east of Marrakech, Ait Bougmez Valley is unspoiled nature at its best. It has been compared to the majesty of the Himalayan Mountains, its lush orchards and inexperienced pastures surrounded by snow-capped mountains being quite completely different from the standard pictures of barren beauty readily related to Morocco. The small cities with their mud brick homes scattered throughout the valley enhance its unspoiled atmosphere.
Although the valley is not that straightforward to achieve – until recently it had been cut off from the planet for four months of the year because of snow – it is well price the effort, and there’s little doubt that the best approach to explore the valley is on foot. There are no marked trekking routes and finding your approach along the network of old caravan trails and donkey ways needs the services of an experienced guide. To truly appreciate all that Ait Bougmez Valley has to supply, trekking should be done at a somewhat leisurely pace. Each day reveals another treasure as you return across charming villages and picturesque towns where the inhabitants continue to measure within the method that their ancestors have before them, untouched by the stresses of the trendy world.
Some of the features of Ait Bougmez Valley embrace the Mgoun Massif Park with the spectacular Mount Mgoun – the second highest summit in North Africa – and the sparkling Ait Bougmez Valley Waterfall. The views in the valley are breath-taking and also the villages tucked away in sudden places are a pleasure to explore. Trekkers will either sleep in their tents or can prepare to stay with a Berber family overnight, providing a unique opportunity to achieve insight into Berber customs. It is seldom that you may hear Arabic or French spoken in the villages of Ait Bougmez Valley, because the Berbers living there speak their native tongue – another good reason for having a native guide with you.
Ait Bougmez Valley is also called the Valley of Happiness, and if you get pleasure from the less complicated things in life you may wish to add this lesser known treasure of Morocco to your list of places to explore.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Good choice for families
- Vegetarian meal option available
- Imi N’ Ifri
- Shrine Sidi Moussa
- Dinosaurs Footprints
- Local Berber Family
- Berber Villages
- Ouzoud Waterfall
- Private air conditioned Toyota Landcruiser or similar plus fuel.
- The services of a professional and experienced English speaking driver and/or guide.
- Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned rooms in guest house.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation.
- All breakfasts and dinners are included during the tour (specific dietary requirement will be catered for).
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel driver, with private tent for overnight stay.
Ait Bouguemez Valley is a wonderful place not to miss during your holiday in Morocco, The best place to run away from the crowed of the city. Enjoy this 2 Days Atlas Mountains, full of beautiful sceneries and Authentic berber culture. Ait bouguemez valley, named by french people as the happy valley according to its colorful fields of apple trees, walnuts and the large number of vegetables, in order reach this paradise; we will start from your accommodations (Riad or hotel) towards the first stop over Damnate so as to discovering Tassaout valley and the Mellah (jewish city) then the natural bridge of Imi n Ifri,is a bridge like cave formed 180 million years,it is 200 m high.Then drive to head local family Berber for lunch in Ait Bouguemez valley , we’re going to visit the dinosaur’s footprints on our way to the happy valley, going through also great and fantastic landscapes such as, the genuine Berber villages and cliffs, . Once we arrive to the happy valley; where we going to visit a collective store of Ait bouguemez people which has been built on the 16th century by the Juish, and spend the night in traditional guest house, enjoying a Berber dinner.
After a late breakfast, we’re going to pave our way back to Marrakech by taking different way back, in order to explore another part of the high Atlas mountains. we will across various berber villages like Ait Abbas valley, vegetation,
More Active & Recommended Tours
- Day Trip to Atlas Maountains & Berber Villages
- Marrakech Discovery Tour
- Day Trip to Essaouira Mogador
- Day Trip to Ouzoud Waterfalls
- Day Trip To Ourika Valley
- Day Trip to The Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
- 2 Days Marrakech to Zagora Desert Tour
- 2 Days Tour to Ait Bouguemez Valley
- 3 Days Marrakech to Erg Chebbi Desert Tour
- 3 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 3 Days Fes to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tour & Camel Treks
- 4 Days Marrakech Desert Tour to Erg Chigaga
- 4 Days Marrakech Desert Tour Via Draa Valley
- 4 Days Desert Tours From Marrakech
- 4 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 4 Days Fes to Marrakech Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert Tour
- 4 Days Tanger to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tours
- 10 Days Majestic Morocco Tours
- 11 Days Authentic Morocco Tours
- 15 Days Morocco Experience Tours
- 16 Days Morocco Unlimited Tour For Travel & Adventure
- Best Morocco Family Tours
Nature, Culture, Adventure & Discovery
2 days / 1 night
4×4 Land Cruiser
Our Morocco trip was the trip of a lifetime! Our guide Ahmed and our driver Syad were both incredible and truly made the trip remarkable. The itinerary was well curated... read more