11 Days Authentic Morocco Tours
11 Days Authentic Morocco Tours to discover the best of Morocco on an adventure from Tanger to Casablanca through Fes, Marrakech, Sahara Desert and Atlas Mountains.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Introduction to Morocco Culture, History & Traditions.
- Enjoy authentic Berber’s hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional local food
- Explore Morocco’s beautiful architecture
- Discover the splendid Sahara Desert
- Quality & Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned rooms in hotels, riads or kasbahs.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation.
- Hand-crafted itineraries
- Private premium air conditioned Toyota Landcruiser or similar plus fuel
- The services of a professional and experienced English speaking driver and/or guide.
- All breakfasts and dinners are included during the tour (specific dietary requirement will be catered for).
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel driver, with private tent for overnight stay in the Sahara Desert.
You will be met at Tanger Port by your guide and we will drive through the Rif Mountains and Tetouan city to enjoy the views of the beautiful mountain range until we arrive at Chefchaouan, passing stunning villages at the foot of the Rif Mountains. Chefchaouen medina has a Spanish-style square surrounded by many art and craft stalls, roof-top restaurants and cafes. We will spend the night in a hotel in Chefchaouen with dinner included.
After breakfast.we will drive towards Fes. We will travel through Wouazan and other Rif villages, and arrive at Volubilis where we will discover ancient Roman ruins and learn about this fascinating archeological site Afterwards we will make our way to the 17th century city of Meknes, where we will stop for lunch and we will spend time enjoying the historical sites, the walls of the medina , Bab el Mansour, Sah Lhdim (a smaller version of Jamaa el Fna square) and Moulay Ismail’s shrine .
After the visit to Meknes we will drive directly to Fes City where we will spend the night.
After breakfast we will explore Fes, the oldest city in Morocco, walking the narrow streets and alleyways. Our visit will start by the gate of the Royal Palace (Seven Golden Gates), in the Jewish quarter, the first Mellah built in Morocco during the 16th century. We will visit all the sites of historical and cultural interest, including the famous Al Qaraouine University, the oldest one in the region, see the biggest Tanneries in Morocco, visit the Koranic school El Medrasa Boananiya, or Medra Echatarine, which make Fes the intellectual and cultural capital of the kingdom. The tour will end by visiting a tile co-operative, before having the opportunity to take in wonderful panoramic views of the whole Medina of Fes.
A free day to explore Fes by yourselves.
After breakfast we will drive to the Sahara desert, passing by Ifran, the beautiful ski resort of Mechlifan, spectacular mountain villages and stopping in Azrou ceder forest where you may see Barbary apes. Our journey will continue to Medilt along the stunning hills and Atlas Mountains. In Medilt we will enjoy a delectable lunch in a local restaurant. After lunch we will travel past the splendid Tizi-n-Talghamt pass, 1907 metres high, and Ziz Valley, where we will stop for photographs of the panorama of the valley. We will pass by Erfoud and Erissani, and stunning sand dunes of the Sahara Desert will appear. We will stay overnight in a beautiful hotel with a swimming pool.
Our camel driver will wake you early in the morning, in order to watch what may well be the best sunrise of your life. Afterwards, you’ll take a peaceful camel trek back to your hotel appreciating the unique beauty of the spectacular Erg Echabbi dunes – changing with the light as the day progresses. After eating breakfast and freshening up, we will leave for Ramlia village, a remote village in the middle of desert. Here we will meet the local people and experience the real Morocco and get to see a small oasis. We will have the chance to see Berber nomads.
We will drive off-road in the beautiful black desert crossing the Berber oases of palm trees and mud houses until we arrive at Erfoud village, a place known for its fossil industry, where we will stop for refreshments before continuing our journey via the High Atlas Mountains to see the stunning gorge of Todra. Here springs of water run between the rocks and we will enjoy the natural beauty of the area. After the visit to the gorge, we continue through the magical mountains to Dades Valley where we will end our day by spending the night in a hotel located on the top of the mountain, to enjoy views over the valley and the mountains.
After breakfast we will travel through the Dades Valley towards Kalaa M’gouna and Ouarzazate, along the road of 1000 Kasbahs. We will have numerous opportunities to take photographs in the Valley of Roses and the cinema city of Ouarzazate, passing by Ait ben Haddou Kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco, built by T-hami El Glaoui, one of the last Berber leaders. It is one of the UNESCO World Heritage Sites. We will then make our way across the High Atlas Mountains, with amazing panoramic views and Berber villages dotted along the way to Marrakech. We will overnight in a hotel in Marrakech.
After breakfast we will begin our exploration of Marrakech ” the red city of Morocco”. We will visit the sites of historical and cultural interest, including the Majorelle Gardens, the Koutoubia Mosque, the Saadian tombs and the Bahia Palace. After lunch at a restaurant near the Jamaa el Fna square, we will walk through the souks and view hundreds of handicrafts. You will then have free time to wander by yourselves around the other parts of this amazing city.
A free day to explore Marrakech by yourselves.
In case your flight back home is from Casablanca then a transfer can be done to Mohamed V Casablanca airport. But in case your flight back home is from Marrakech, a transfer to Marrakech Menara airport can be done.
More Active & Recommended Tours
- Marrakech Discovery Day Tour
- Day Trip to Ouzoud Waterfalls
- Day Trip to The Three Valleys of Ourika
- Day Trip to Essaouira Mogador
- Day Trip to Atlas Maountains & Berber Villages
- Day Trip to The Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
- 2 Days Tour to Ait Bouguemez Valley
- 2 Days Marrakech to Zagora Desert Tour
- 3 Days Marrakech to Erg Chebbi Desert Tour
- 3 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 3 Days Fes to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tour & Camel Treks
- 4 Days Marrakech Desert Tour to Erg Chigaga
- 4 Days Marrakech Desert Tour Via Draa Valley
- 4 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 4 Days Desert Tours From Marrakech
- 4 Days Fes to Marrakech Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert Tour
- 4 Days Tanger to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tours
- 7 Days Casablanca Culture Tours
- 10 Days Majestic Morocco Tours
- 11 Days Authentic Morocco Tours
- 15 Days Morocco Experience Tours
- 16 Days Morocco Unlimited Tour For Travel & Adventure
- Best Morocco Family Tours
Adventure & Discovery
11 days / 10 nights
4×4 Land Cruiser
Our tour of Morocco showcased highlights of this beautiful country. From bustling cities to small villages in the Atlas Mountains to the vast Sahara, our group experienced a little of... read more
I recently returned from an excellent tour of Morocco with Ahmed. Ahmed was a wonderful guide, full of much interesting information about the places we were visiting. I would highly... read more