7 Days Casablanca Culture Tours
Discover the best of Morocco on an adventure from Casablanca to Marrakech through Fes and Atlas Mountains.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Introduction to Morocco Culture, History & Traditions.
- Enjoy authentic Berber’s hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional local food
- Explore Morocco’s beautiful architecture
- Quality & Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned rooms in hotels, riads or kasbahs.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation.
- Hand-crafted itineraries
- Private premium air conditioned Toyota Landcruiser or similar plus fuel
- The services of a professional and experienced English speaking driver and/or guide.
- All breakfasts and dinners are included during the tour (specific dietary requirement will be catered for).
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel driver, with private tent for overnight stay in the Sahara Desert.
Our tour will begin at Mohamed V airport in Casablanca. We will visit the famous and the biggest Mosque in Africa, Hassan II, which was built between 1987-1993. This will be a golden opportunity to see the skilful work of Moroccan artisans that reveals the richness and beauty of their handicraft. After the visit, we will make our way to Rabat, the capital of Morocco. We will visit the Royal Gates built in 1864, and enjoy the charming garden of Challa, surrounded by walls and beautiful defensive gates, built between 1310-1330. Later we will stop at Mohamed V Museum built in 1972, and we will visit the tombs of Moroccan kings Mohammed V, who died in 1962, Hassan II who died in 1999, the tomb of Moulay Abdullah the uncle of Mohammed VI and Hassan Tower which was built in 12th century. You will explore Oudaya Kasbah which was built in 12th century and served as a military base for the Almorabits army in their defence against the Spanish army. The roof of the Kasbah allows a stunning view of the surrounding area.
After breakfast, we will continue our tour by visiting the wonderful city of Meknes. We will visit the granary at Sahrige Swani, which was used to store provisions for the army. We will also visit the royal palace and Moulay Ismail mausoleum. We will enter the medina via the largest gates Bab Mansour, which were built in 1732, passing the square of Saht Lhdim (a smaller version of Jamaa el Fna square). We will continue driving towards Volubulis; the largest Roman ruins in Morocco, adorned by beautiful mosaics. This historical place will take you back to the Roman period.
After breakfast we will visit the Royal palace gate (Seven Gates), where you will have a beautiful panoramic view of the medina, from the southern tower. We will then discover Fes’ handicrafts and the art of pottery making, view marvelous mosaics and hear tales of times gone by. We will explore together the old Medina; walking through the small alleyways (more than nine thousand). It is a great opportunity to see the Koranic school of Elmadrasa Elboananiya or Madrasat Echaratine which make Fes the intellectual and cultural capital of the kingdom. A great way to discover Fes will be with a delicious dinner, enjoying local music and belly dancing.
After breakfast, we will make our way to the Red City of Marrakech; a long drive but an amazing journey, passing by the Middle Atlas, Azrou, famous for its cedar wood forest inhabited by Magot monkeys, and its ski resort, established during the period of French colonisation. Here we will have a refreshment break before resuming our way to Marrakech, whose charm and the amazing look of the city is brightened by Jamaa El Fna square; a place where locals and tourists share the same atmosphere and experience of the story tellers, Gnaoua (dancers), water sellers, and acrobats.
You will be with a local guide who will escort you around this beautiful city, visiting historical monuments: the gorgeous Bahia palace built in 19th century, the 17th century Saadian tombs, the Koranic School of Ben Youssef, and the Koutobia mosque built in 12th century. You will also visit the famous Souks; a great place for shopping where you can buy presents for your family, friends or yourselves. You will have free time to enjoy a mint tea or coffee in one of the restaurants or cafes where you can get amazing panoramic views of Jamaa El Fna square.
This is a free day where you can visit the new city of Gueliz, treat yourself to a Hammam and spa, or visit the beautiful Majorelle Gardens built by the French artist Jacques Majorelle, and Menara gardens built in 12th century.
Transfer to Marrakech Menara Airport to reach your flight back home. or in case your flight back is from Casablanca, a transfer to Mohamed V airport can be done.
More Active & Recommended Tours
- Marrakech Discovery Day Tour
- Day Trip to Ouzoud Waterfalls
- Day Trip to The Three Valleys of Ourika
- Day Trip to Essaouira Mogador
- Day Trip to Atlas Maountains & Berber Villages
- Day Trip to The Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
- 2 Days Marrakech to Zagora Desert Tour
- 2 Days Tour to Ait Bouguemez Valley
- 3 Days Marrakech to Erg Chebbi Desert Tour
- 3 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 3 Days Fes to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tour & Camel Treks
- 4 Days Marrakech Desert Tour to Erg Chigaga
- 4 Days Marrakech Desert Tour Via Draa Valley
- 4 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 4 Days Fes to Marrakech Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert Tour
- 4 Days Tanger to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tours
- 10 Days Majestic Morocco Tours
- 11 Days Authentic Morocco Tours
- 15 Days Morocco Experience Tours
- 16 Days Morocco Unlimited Tour For Travel & Adventure
Adventure & Discovery
7 days / 6 nights
4×4 Land Cruiser
Ahmed was our guide on a 12 day tour of Morocco. He did an outstanding job. His knowledge of Morocco and attention to detail was impeccable. He has a great sense of humor, is kind, informative, and fun. I highly recommend Ahmed. He went above...More