Marrakech Desert Tour Via Draa Valley
4 Days Adventure Tour & Travel with children in Drâa Valley is a good choice. a wonderful Tour to discover as well Ouarzazate’s film studios and Ait ben haddou kasbah, then head down the valley for dunes and Camel rides.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Introduction to Morocco Culture, History & Traditions.
- Enjoy authentic Berber’s hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional local food
- Explore Morocco’s beautiful architecture
- Discover the splendid Sahara Desert
- Quality & Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned rooms in hotels, riads or kasbahs.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation.
- Hand-crafted itineraries
- Private premium air conditioned Toyota Landcruiser or similar plus fuel
- The services of a professional and experienced English speaking driver and/or guide.
- All breakfasts and dinners are included during the tour (specific dietary requirement will be catered for).
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel driver, with private tent for overnight stay in the Sahara Desert.
Marrakech Desert Tour via Draa valley will starst from Marrakech at 8:00 am,by crossing the High Atlas Mountains via Tizi-n-Tichka pass towards Ouarzazate, where we will stop for lunch in beautiful Restaurant in the opposite of the famous Kasbah of Taourirt. After lunch we will travel to the south and we will cross Ait Saoun village, 1162 m high, the route of the caravans of Saharan traders travelling from Tombouctou. We will pass by Agdez Village For jbel El kissan photo, On the way you will see many Dat trees and palm groves and Kasbahs, including the famous Tamnougalt Kasbah. we arrive at Zagora, a small town and native region of the Saadian dynasty who used to rule Morocco in the 17th century. after 17 km further we will reach at Tamgroute, a small village where most of the locals make and leran pottery art and handicrafts. The old Tamgroute village knows for its old Koranic school and library, with its collection of old books. The next 5 km further will give you your first short look of the sand dunes of Zagora which is called Tinfou dunes. We will drive back to Zagora where you spend the night in a hotel with dinner.
After breakfast, we will leave Zagora to head beautiful big dunes of Erg Echabbi (Merzouga). Our the way we will pass through the Berber villages of Benizoli and Tazarine before off-roading through Touna–n-Irabn. We will have the opportunity to enjoy lunch in Alnif, a Berber village, after which we will continue to Erissani city, it is the capital of the Alawites Sultans. Erissani is known for its weekly local market, and famous gates into the city. We will have opportunity to visit the mausoleum of Moulay Ali Cherif, where the father of the founder of the Alouite dynasty is buried. This is a wonderful destination for those wishing to learn more of the history of this fascinating country. at 2 Km futher the majestic sand dunes of Erg Echabbi will apprear . once we reach the hotel you will have a cup of tea then begin our camel trek over the dunes at sunset, which will take about 2 hours, before getting to the middle of sahara deser( bivouac),a camp with traditional Berber nomadic tents located in an oasis, where we will spend the night, enjoying dinner under the brilliant stars in the sky.
Around 6 H 00 o’clockWe you will get up to watch the beautiful sunrise over the dunes, or climb one of the highest dunes of Merzouga. We will then enjoy breakfast before riding our camels back to the hotel where you can freshen up before continuing our journey to Erfoud. We will cross the Tafilalt oasis where we will have a short break to see the ancient system of irrigation, before arriving at Tinejdad. We will make our way to Todra Gorge, with free time for lunch, and a walk along the gorge between the cliffs. and continue along the road towards the Dades Gorge, one of the most beautiful sites of southern Morocco. We will stay overnight in a hotel in Dades Gorge with dinner included.
After breakfast, we will begin our journey through the Dades Valley with its beautiful landscapes, Kasbahs and panoramic views of the Atlas mountains. We will drive along the road of 1000 Kasbahs and visit Rose Valley ,the capital of Roses which are made parfumes,cremes….., where a rose festival is celebrated every year. We will pass the wonderful Skoura palm grove before arriving at Ouarzazate. From here our journey will take us to Ait ben Haddou village, preserved as a UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1987. Ait ben Haddou has been used by many movie producers since the 1960’s, with the filming of Lawrence of Arabia and Gladiator taking place here. We will walk to the top of the Kasbah for amazing views before having free time to take lunch in a local restaurant overlooking the Kasbah. We will then begin our return journey to Marrakech, crossing Tizi-n-Tichka, 2260 metres high,then drop you off at your accomodotion Or Airport.
More Active & Recommended Tours
- Marrakech Discovery Day Tour
- Day Trip to Ouzoud Waterfalls
- Day Trip to The Three Valleys of Ourika
- Day Trip to Essaouira Mogador
- Day Trip to Atlas Maountains & Berber Villages
- Day Trip to The Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
- 2 Days Marrakech to Zagora Desert Tour
- 2 Days Tour to Ait Bouguemez Valley
- 3 Days Marrakech to Erg Chebbi Desert Tour
- 3 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 3 Days Fes to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tour & Camel Treks
- 4 Days Marrakech to Fes Desert Tour
- 4 Days Marrakech Desert Tour to Erg Chigaga
- 4 Days Fes to Marrakech Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert Tour
- 4 Days Tanger to Marrakech Sahara Desert Tours
- 7 Days Casablanca Culture Tours
- 10 Days Majestic Morocco Tours
- 11 Days Authentic Morocco Tours
- 15 Days Morocco Experience Tours
- 16 Days Morocco Unlimited Tour For Travel & Adventure
Adventure & Discovery
4 days / 3 nights
4×4 Land Cruiser
This tour takes you all over Morocco, offering a great variety of experiences, from the cities, to the villages, to the landscape, while meeting interesting and fun people along the way. Our guide Ahmed was fantastic, energetic, and really enhanced our group's experience in Morocco....More