4 Days Tanger to Marrakech Sahara Desert
Discover Tanger & Chefchaouen the Blue pearl of the north, Rif Mountains, Atlas Mountains & Sahara Desert.
Tour Highlights & Inclusions
- Introduction to Morocco Culture, History & Traditions.
- Enjoy authentic Berber’s hospitality
- Taste delicious traditional local food
- Explore Morocco’s beautiful architecture
- Discover the splendid Sahara Desert
- Quality & Comfortable accommodation in air-conditioned rooms in hotels, riads or kasbahs.
- Pick up and drop off from your accommodation.
- Hand-crafted itineraries
- Private premium air conditioned Toyota Landcruiser or similar plus fuel
- The services of a professional and experienced English speaking driver and/or guide.
- All breakfasts and dinners are included during the tour (specific dietary requirement will be catered for).
- Camel treks, where applicable, with the services of a local camel driver, with private tent for overnight stay in the Sahara Desert.
You will be met on arrival at the port of Tanger and driven through the Rif Mountains and Tetoun city to enjoy the spectacular scenery of the mountains, until we reach Chefchaouan, one of the stunning villages at the foot of the Rif Mountains. Chefchaouen medina has a Spanish-style square surrounded by many arts and crafts stores, roof-top restaurants and cafes where we will have lunch before continuing on to Fes, where we will spend the night.
You will be picked up from your accommodation before heading south to Ifran and Azrou through the Middle Atlas Mountains. On the way we will stop at the cedar forests to see Barbary Apes in their natural habitat. As we travel through the Tizi Ntalghamt pass to Midelt and along the amazing Ziz Gorge, carved through volcanic rock, you will get to experience spectacular views of the Middle Atlas plateau and watch the scenery change as we approach the city of Errachidia. After lunch we will continue our journey through Ziz Valley to Erfoud, Erissani and Merzouga, before taking a camel ride to a Berber camp in the middle of the Erg Echabbi Sand Dunes, the highest in North Africa. After dinner we will gather around the campfire and enjoy the sounds of traditional Berber drums under the stars.
We will wake up early to enjoy a magnificent sunrise over the dunes before taking a camel ride back to the hotel. After freshening up and breakfast we will set off for Tinghir and the Todra Gorge before arriving in the Dades Valley where we will have dinner and spend the night.
After breakfast we will drive through the Dades Valley towards Kalaat Mgouna and Ouarzazate. The route through the Dades Valley, the road of 1000 Kasbahs, provides numerous photographic opportunities. We will visit Rose Valley and Skoura village, before continuing to Ouarzazate, “the Hollywood of Africa”. We will then head to Ait ben Haddou Kasbah, the largest Kasbah in Morocco, where we will have lunch before continuing through the stunning Tizi-n-Tichka pass, reaching an altitude of 2260m, over the High Atlas Mountains. We will stop to enjoy the impressive views and visit an argan oil cooperative, before arriving into Marrakech.
Adventure & Discovery
4 days / 3 nights
4×4 Land Cruiser